AUDITIONS | AMSTERDAM BAROQUE CHOIR
The Amsterdam Baroque Choir (conductor: Ton Koopman) is organizing auditions for young and excellent choral tenors primarily, but also countertenors and basses are invited to participate. Applicants must be born preferably after 1976, with a high grade of musicality, flexibility and sufficient experience in ensemble singing. The main focus of ABC is the Baroque repertoire.
The auditions will take place in:
1. Lübeck (D) 4 August 2016 (application before July 28th)
2. Paris (F) 17 September 2016 (appl. before September 4th)
3. Utrecht (NL) 22 September 2016 (appl. before September 12th)
4. Milano (I) 21 December 2016 (appl. before November 21st) [CANCELLED]
The committee consists of Ton Koopman (1, 4), Peter de Groot (1, 2, 3, 4 ) and Hugo Naessens (3).
APPLICATIONS FOR AUDITIONS
Applicants are requested to send the following information and material to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. A personal information form, including full name, voice-type, address, telephone/mobile number, e-mail, date & place of birth & nationality
3. A representative picture of yourself
4. Indication of where you’d like to audition
5. Details of the program you intend to sing
6. A recording with a short aria or Lied as mp3 file (max. 5MB) or a link to your YouTube page
- An aria of your choice by J.S.Bach or G.F.Handel (at your chosen pitch of A=440 or 415 Hz).
- From the motet ‘Singet dem Herrn’ BWV 225 by J.S.Bach, only the final part, from bar 256.
Readable and well organized scores must be sent in advance to:
Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra & Choir
1405 BC Bussum